Acousto-Optics Developer (M/F/D)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
QUBIG GmbH is a technology
company in the field of scientific
lasers with a focus on free beam
based light modulators for fast
and high precision laser beam
The company combines profound
knowledge in the fields of laser
technology, crystal optics and
RF/HV technology. as well as HF-/
HV-technology are combined.
For our team in Munich, we are currently looking for a full-time laser-technology expert at the earliest possible date.
Your role in QUBIG’S R&D team:
If you are passionate about high-precision photonics and photo-acoustic technology this is a great opportunity for you. As an acousto-optics expert, you will take part in the design of a novel acousto-optic-oriented line of products for scientific and industrial applications. You will be given the opportunity to take part in all steps of the development process from conceptualization to performance tests and verification. Based on your skills and interests you will be involved in modeling and computer-assisted simulation of acousto- optic interactions, CAD mechanical design, prototype assembly, testing, and data analysis.
Your profile (required):
- At least a master’s degree in applied physics, biophysics, photonics, acoustics, optical engineering, or related fields with an emphasis on optoacoustic interactions (Ph.D. and PostDocs are preferred).
- Familiarity with designing and testing piezoelectric acoustic transducers and experience with acousto-optic crystals
- Advanced solid-state chemistry knowledge
- At least one simulation software (e.g. Matlab, COMSOL, CST, OSLO, Zeemax)
- Basic knowledge of Python and a CAD program (e.g. Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks) is a must
- Hands-on mentality and self-motivated work attitude (experience using clean rooms, chemistry rooms, or thin film deposition systems is an advantage)
- designing PCBs and programming microcontrollers,
- working with lasers and complex optical systems,
- in using clean rooms, chemistry rooms, or thin film deposition systems is an advantage).
What we offer you:
We provide you with opportunities for development and growth in an international and dynamic environment with great potential. You will work together with a highly motivated and supportive team in a close-knit atmosphere. In addition,
- Take the lead in developing unique products for the world‘s leading technology companies and numerous renowned universities.
- Be an essential part of a highly motivated international team and let your ideas push Quantum technologies out of the lab.
- Play an active role in prestigious national and international funding programs.
- Work in central Munich - a city with one of the highest Quality of Life in the world.
Have we sparked your interest?
We are looking forward to receiving your full and complete application documents, including your cover letter, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. Please send your documents to: