Crystal / Material Science Expert (M/F/D)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
QUBIG GmbH is a technology
company in the field of scientific
lasers with a focus on free beam
based light modulators for fast
and high precision laser beam
The company combines profound
knowledge in the fields of laser
technology, crystal optics and
RF/HV technology. as well as HF-/
HV-technology are combined.
For our team in Munich, we are currently looking for a full-time laser-technology expert at the earliest possible date.
Your role in QUBIG’S R&D team:
If you are passionate about crystal technology and its wider range of applications, this is a great opportunity for you. As an expert on crystal / material science in our R&D team you will be involved in theoretical and experimental studies of a large variety of crystal materials and properties such as piezo-electric, electro-optic, elasto-optic, pyro-electric, etc. You will also take part in defining new techniques for processing crystals (mechanical / chemical polishing, cutting / dicing, coating, etc.) as well as their advanced characterization.
Your profile (required):
- At least a master’s degree in applied physics, Material science, Solid-state chemistry, electrical engineering, or a related fields with a focus on Crystal physics/chemistry (Ph.D. and PostDocs are preferred)
- Experience in working in clean room and chemistry room environments as well as good knowledge of Chemistry safety procedures
- Advanced solid-state chemistry knowledge
- Basic knowledge of CAD software (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks) for mechanical design
- At least one simulation software (e.g. Matlab, COMSOL, CST, OSLO, Zeemax)
- Hands-on mentality and self-motivation work attitude
- thin film deposition systems,
- hands-on experience in crystal processing / growing / inspection,
- working with high-precision adhesives.
What we offer you:
We provide you with opportunities for development and growth in an international and dynamic environment with great potential. You will work together with a highly motivated and supportive team in a close-knit atmosphere. In addition,
- Take the lead in developing unique products for the world‘s leading technology companies and numerous renowned universities.
- Be an essential part of a highly motivated international team and let your ideas push Quantum technologies out of the lab.
- Play an active role in prestigious national and international funding programs.
- Work in central Munich - a city with one of the highest Quality of Life in the world.
Have we sparked your interest?
We are looking forward to receiving your full and complete application documents, including your cover letter, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. Please send your documents to: