Development Engineer in Laser Technology
About the company
QUBIG GmbH is a technology company specialising in the development and manufacture of high quality light modulators. These high-tech devices are mainly installed as additional modules in larger laser systems, with the aim of controlling and precisely manipulating the properties of laser light, such as its frequency, phase, polarisation, intensity and position.
The application spectrum ranges from fundamental research (atomic/quantum physics) to industry (laser material processing), astronomy (laser guide stars) and biology (LifeScience Microscopy).
QUBIG GmbH has been established from fundamental research and still maintains close contacts with various research groups around the world, especially in the field of ultra-cold quantum gases (AMOP) and trapped ions (ITC). The company combines profound expertise in the areas of laser technology, crystal optics, high-frequency technology and electronics. QUBIG GmbH is a state-recognized research facility with a highly qualified team (PostDocs, PhDs), having in-depth knowledge and many years of experience in various fields of quantum technology.
Your contact at QUBIG:
Dr. Enrico Vogt
+49 89 230 291 03
For our team in Munich, we are currently looking for a full-time development engineer at the earliest possible date.
Range of tasks:
- Development/design and commissioning of innovative products in the field of electro-/acousto optics
- Taking the lead on research and development projects up to product maturity as well as the technical responsibility, documentation, production planning and quality control as (partial) project manager
- Interactions with potential customers (requirements vs. feasibility)
- Documentation management of schematics, technical notes/datasheets and instruction manuals
- As the circumstances require, training and supervision of personnel for production and maintenance
- University degree (Ph.D. preferred) in physics (ideally with AMOP background) or electrical engineering (or similar qualification)
- Computer literacy: simulation software (e.g. Mathematica, Matlab), CAD (Inventor, SolidWorks)
- At least one programming language (preferably Python, C++, Qt)
- Solution-oriented hands-on mentality combined with an independent and structured way of working
- Creative and team oriented way of thinking and acting
- Experience in design and testing of digital & analog electronic circuits for RF applications (up to MHz)
- Knowledge in the areas of electro- & acousto-optics, crystal optics and/or high-voltage/high frequency technology
- Work experience in a company
- Fluent in German or English
We offer you development and promotional opportunities in an international and dynamic environment. You can expect a variety of challenging and varied tasks in a strong and sustainable growing company. You work independently and under your own responsibility within a small team with flat hierarchies and a familiar working environment. A permanent role with attractive contractual terms and working conditions.
Have we inspired your curiosity?
We are looking forward to receiving your full and complete application documents, including your cover letter, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. Please send your documents to: email@example.com