Optics / Laser Expert / Developer (M/F/D)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
QUBIG GmbH is a technology
company in the field of scientific
lasers with a focus on free beam
based light modulators for fast
and high precision laser beam
The company combines profound
knowledge in the fields of laser
technology, crystal optics and
RF/HV technology. as well as HF-/
HV-technology are combined.
For our team in Munich, we are currently looking for a full-time laser-technology expert at the earliest possible date.
Your role in QUBIG’S R&D team:
If you are passionate about high-precision laser / quantum technology this is a great oppor- tunity for you. As a laser-technology expert, you will design new electro-/acousto-optic oriented products for scientific and industrial applications. As part of the R&D team, you can take part in all steps of the development process from conceptualization to performance tests and verification. Based on your skills and interests you will be involved in simulation (optics, mechanical, thermal, acoustics, crystal physics, etc.), CAD mechanical design, PCB prototyping and assembly, design of high-precision testing optical setups, and data analysis.
Your profile (required):
- At least a master's degree in applied physics, AMOP, photonics, optical engineering, or related fields (Ph.D. and PostDocs are preferred)
- Experience in working with complex laser or optical systems (e.g, Ultra-cold atoms, quantum optics, quantum simulation, optical metrology)
- At least one simulation software (e.g. Matlab, COMSOL, CST, OSLO, Zeemax)
- Knowledge of Python and a CAD program (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, etc.) is a must
- Hands-on mentality and self-motivated work attitude (experience in using a mechanical workshop, clean room, chemistry room is an advantage)
- Experience with the miniaturization of optical assemblies and micropositioning of optical elements
- Simulation of complex physical (COMSOL, CST) or optical (Zemax, OSLO) systems, including fiber optics
- Experience in design and test of digital and analog electronic circuits for RF and / or HV applications
What we offer you:
We provide you with opportunities for development and growth in an international and dynamic environment with great potential. You will work together with a highly motivated and supportive team in a close-knit atmosphere. In addition,
- Take the lead in developing unique products for the world‘s leading technology companies and numerous renowned universities.
- Be an essential part of a highly motivated international team and let your ideas push Quantum technologies out of the lab.
- Play an active role in prestigious national and international funding programs.
- Work in central Munich - a city with one of the highest Quality of Life in the world.
Have we sparked your interest?
We are looking forward to receiving your full and complete application documents, including your cover letter, salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date. Please send your documents to: